Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thing # 23

The Final Thing...

This was an awesome experience for me and I look forward to using what I have learned this next school year. Hopefully, I will be able to continue my learning and there are definitely "things" that I want to go back and explore in more detail. I can't wait to get started on my new adventure in Web 2.0 integration. In response to the questions posted on the Library2Play blog please see my posts below.

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

I really liked the mash-ups because they provide great opportunities to showcase science topics to students in a variety of formats. Also they would be a great way to have the students summarize their learning. The nings are interesting to me because I can see some personal applications as well as following a few educational nings. Another thing is the image generators because I can use them to show concepts to students and teachers in new and exciting ways.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

It has inspired me to seek out ways to learn more about Web 2.0. After finishing my Masters degree in Educational Technology I have had a thirst for technology learning and integration and look forward to helping express my love and passion to the teachers on my campus and beyond.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I learned some cool things, but that is expected when you are looking at new information. I really liked getting to know how to include a hyperlink in text by using the html code (I learned it while digging through blogs). This new knowledge was unexpected. A take-a-way was that I am definitely interested in some new things that I will be exploring in more detail in the near future.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?

I really like the format of the program. I enjoy taking online courses and this was set up similar to my graduate courses. I like the fact that the learner controls their own pace and learning. The added face to face interactions are a nice feature so that if you do have questions or problems you can meet with someone to get help. I would not change any of the format of this learning experience.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?

Most definitely! I am already comtemplating of tackling the Library2Play 2 thing over the course of the rest of the summer (I ahve to weigh the options of being able to complete the 11.5 things in the amount of time left).

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?

An adventure into new technology and learning in a fun and interactive way!

I look froward to posting my thoughts on other players blogs over the next few weeks and will definitely keep adding to this blog in the future so that I can keep it as an electronic journal into Web 2.0 and beyond.

2 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed following your blog. I appreciate all the examples and links you included in your posts to illustrate what you were talking about. You are a model for how teachers should incorporate technology into their classrooms. I think YOU should teach the next 23 things class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing up Matthew. We have lots to share at our schools next year now. I think I'll do it 1 Thing at a time though. See you at TAKS testing.
    Lee Ray

    ReplyDelete