Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thing # 15

The perspectives on Library 2.0 were interesting. I especially liked the comments brought up by Dr. Wendy Schultz about the library being the community. I agree with this point 100%. I remember growing up and my mother always used to take my brothers and I to the library to read and participate in activities while growing up. We would spend hours and hours there reading, listening, and having fun. Even though the books may change to computers and people may visit the library for different reasons it will still remain a vial part of the community. People will still venture there to research and collaborate and hang out.

I see school libraries as collaboration stations for groups of students to come together and work on projects. I have witnessed this first hand this summer while participating in the problem based learning pilot. Groups of students sharing their knowledge, working together to solve a common problem and using the resources located in the library in both electronic and print forms.

1 comment:

  1. you not only witnessed, but were an integral part of its success...teachers are vital to the success of library adventures!

    I know you know it will be repeated class by class, group by group, individual student by individual student throughout the district

    ReplyDelete