Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thing # 14

Technorati

I had a little bit of difficulty navigating around their site when I first visited Technorati, but the mor etime I spent there the easier it got. I liked the fact that you can search blogs and like MHS Broadcasting said in his post I did a search for CS4 information since I recently loaded this software set on my laptop and found some cool blogs about hints, tips, and personally created shortcuts to performing operations in Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Flash. I wil definitely be spending more time here as I venture out in learning all of the CS4 applications that came in my bundle.

I am still not sold on the whole tags thing. They are growing on me, but I still have difficulty with the randomness of people's tags. Some individuals do a really good job of tagging and others simply use it as a blanket category for anything having to do with a particular topic. This is frustrating at times.

I have not claimed my blogs yet on Technorati and I am still thinking about it. If anyone would like to share their thoughts on this and if they have done it yet I would greatly appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. I claimed mine (haven't done so yet for the new one)...I like it because it gives you list of bloggers who have accessed smething from your blog...I go visit their blogs and have added some to my regular reading list as a result. Basically jsut another way to find people that are interested in and writing about the same things I want to learn about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words of wisdom. I will have to look into this and see if I want to claim my blogs on their site.

    ReplyDelete