Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thing # 8

I used the RSS subscription with Google Reader to subscribe to 4 educational technology feeds and four elementary science feeds. I like the fact that I do not have to go and find all of the blogs and bookmark them to check the updates, but rather I can just use google reader to look at all of my subscriptions in one location. This really simplifies things and saves a lot of time searching or pulling up various pages when it is the content that really matters.

This was really cool! Because of this I have learned some cool tips and tricks that I can share with the teachers back on my campus. I have enjoyed reading about the current trends in educational technology and what is happening in other schools to improve educational technology.

In the area of science education I can keep up with all the latest and greatest and I even found a cool link that updates free science downloads (software, tools, and gadgets) in the area of elementary science.

I believe that readers allow for simplification in subscribing to RSS feeds. Like I mentioned before if all the feeds are in one location you could publish the list for teachers, staff, etc. to be able to view the feeds on a regular basis and it simplifies the process for them. This might encourage them to utilize the technology more and ease them into trying new things.

2 comments:

  1. Here is the link to my public page: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/17335343261821747631

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your public page is awesome - so many great ideas! Your students are lucky to have you for a teacher.

    ReplyDelete