Friday, June 26, 2009

Thing # 12

The two most useful things that I found by reading the articles were how to embed a hyperlink from Cool Cat's blog and the question posed on the Blue Skunk blog about "Are You Contributing to the General Discussion?"

I often post to blogs I follow so it is useful to know about embedding a hyperlink. I have often seen it done I just did not know how to do it. It provides a much cleaner look by the hyperlink displaying text rather than a URL. I will have to start using this from now on when I reference something in a post. I have included a picture of what I am talking about below.


The other thing that really stood out for me is the point about contributing to the general discussion. I know that I am guilty of this, but it is annoying as a blog writer when someone comments on my blogs with one word like "yes" or "I agree". I would like to know more like why do you agree with me or what are your thoughts. It would just add to the whole discussion if we have more discussion.

I comment and post on several blogs. The three that I would like to discuss are my own blog about my weight loss called "Transformations" where I write about my successes and struggles as I continue my journey into getting healthy and shedding weight. Another is my brother's blog on recovery and life after a stroke. It is a great blog and I am a regular contributor to it. The last one is "Capturing Beauty". This is a blog that my brother started where each month we have a theme and we capture beauty (to us) based on that theme through pictures. Being a shutterbug that I am I am naturally drawn to this blog and enjoy posting to it (even though it is not as routine as I would like).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the tip about imbedding a hyperlink in a blog post. Your diagram was very helpful for illustrating how it works (great for visual learners like me!). I also appreciate your irritation with commenters who post one word replies! Why bother??

    ReplyDelete