Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thing # 11

I spent some time checking out Library Thing and at this time I do not see a need for it in my current occupation. I only have a few books that I will use next year in my science lab so it is easy to view them on the shelf. I have no need to catalog or search through my titles for various books.

I did spend some time looking at the groups and I found a few that I would look into on a personal level, but not for anything having to do with my job.

If I find another way to use this site and the resources there I will definitely use it in the future. I will revisit this at a later time.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I don't see myself using this for my broadcasting classes. As a former English teacher, it can be a valuable tool for students to document their readings and right short reviews.
    I loaded mine with books I have read over the last year or so. What purpose does this serve as an individual, I have yet to answer. Am I trying to impress myself that I'm well read? No, I discovered that I enjoyed what others had to say about the books I have read or plan on reading.

    ReplyDelete