Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thing # 2

7 1/2 Habits of Effective Learning

Habit 1: Begin with the end in mind
Habit 2: Accept responsibility for your own learning
Habit 3: View problems as challenges
Habit 4: Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner
Habit 5: Create your own learning toolbox
Habit 6: Use technology to your advantage
Habit 7: Teach / mentor others
Habit 7 1/2: Play

The most significant thing that I got from watching the video entitled: 7 1/2 Habits is that all of these habits are extremely important and beneficial to all. If I had to select one that stands out to me it would be Habit 6. In my day to day operations on my campus and in my life I am constantly faced with challenges and problems that have to be solved. By using technology to my advantage I not only can complete a lot of these problems more efficiently, but also more effectively. I try to instill in others the drive to utilize the technology to their advantage even though it falls on deaf ears sometimes. Often I have found myself looking up things online that I do not have an answer for and have quickly found the answers to my questions and often more than I was looking for.

The second one that I feel is important is PLAY! I know that we don't take the time to enjoy and have fun with our students or as ourselves as much as we should. We get too wrapped up in being adults and with paperwork and need to take a page out of the recess book and just get out there, have fun and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment